weight loss on high protein diet or lowering down body fat percentage with a protein diet can seem to be a daunting task for many if not all. Losing weight can be as simple as two plus two and yet be as difficult as finding a needle in a haystack depending upon the approach of the individual.
We Often Neglect the vital role of protein and our daily protein intake when to undergo weight loss. From building muscle to losing weight, protein plays the front line role, for a number of reasons, protein is essential for weight loss.
We’ll mention the most authentic ones first in order to re-emphasize the purpose of this writing, to begin with, protein when compared to fats and carbs, has the highest thermic effect of food (TEF) ranging from 20% to 30%, which means that 100 grams of protein only ends up as 70 grams of useable protein for muscle mass, which shows that almost 30% of the calories from the protein are burnt off while the body is digesting and metabolizing the intake of protein.
A protein-rich diet has scientifically been proven to boost our metabolic rate and increase the number of overall calories burnt throughout the day.
If we consider…
If we consider a high protein diet, so on a day to day basis our overall diet reduces, in shortcuts down our appetite. The reason behind this is that proteins are digested slowly and remains in our system for an extended amount of time.
One thing which is a major misconception weight loss on a protein diet is that losing weight means you’re only losing fat. This is a big misconception as losing weight can also mean you’re losing out on muscle mass. Here’s where a protein-rich diet can help out, it helps in retaining mass on the muscle but drops your digits on the weighing scale.
For all the lean good looking people, I do recommend that you guys monitor your weight loss on a protein diet and try to eat clean. If you eat healthy and workout enough, there’s no one stopping you from reaching your Gym Goals.
Hopefully, this clears the confusion about Weight Loss On High Protein Diet
Top 5 protein rich foods that help in Weight Loss
1. whole eggs
- people feared that Whole Eggs were high in cholesterol but now they are making a quick comeback to the Fitness world of weight loss.
- New Studies have proven that they don’t directly affect blood cholesterol and don’t really cause any heart attacks.
- They are high in Protein, Healthy Fats, and can make you feel full with a very low amount of calories.
- Leafy Greens include kale, spinach, collards, swiss chards and a few more
- they have several vitamins like niacin B-3 to boost your metabolism for a quicker fat loss process
- They are low in carbs and calories but pretty high in fibre
- oily fish like salmon is very healthy when it comes to keeping you full for hours with relatively few calories.
- salmon is loaded with high-quality protein, healthy Omega-3 Fats and also contains all sorts of amazing minerals and nutrients.
- Fish or Seafood is the best source of Iodine
4.Lean Low-Fat Beef and Chicken Breast
- Meat is a weight loss friendly food because it’s so high in protein
- Although processed meat is unhealthy, studies show that unprocessed red meat does NOT raise the risk of heart disease or diabetes.
- According to two big review studies, red meat has only a very weak correlation with cancer in men and no correlation at all in women.
- Protein is one of the most fulfilling nutrients and by eating a high protein diet, you also get to burn up to 100 kcal a day.
- Tuna is also a low calorie and high protein food
- it is lean fish with next to no fat in it
- Tuna is popular amongst bodybuilders and fitness models who are basically on a cut diet
all of these foods are high in protein and will help with Weight Loss On High Protein Diet Lemme know about your favourites in the comments below